Sunday, March 13, 2022

Blog Post #1: Top 5 Sources of News and Information


Twitter Disables the Tweet Count Feature? - Say Daily

Twitter: Not only is Twitter my favorite social media platform, but it is also one of my top news sources. On Twitter, I can get my pop culture news and also my world events news. Twitter may not be the most reliable source but it is a great way to see different viewpoints in one place.  





CNN International - Wikipedia


CNN: Though I'm not very invested in politics, CNN is a great way to see what's happening in the world around me. Although backed by a democratic perspective it is still possible to filter out the important information. With shorter program styles, such as CNN 10, getting your daily fix of current events doesn’t have to take a large portion of your day.



 

Fox News Logo, history, meaning, symbol, PNG

Fox News: Like CNN, Fox News focuses on politics as well, but instead they tend to provide more of a republican or conservative perspective. I added both CNN and Fox News to my list of sources because I like to view multiple viewpoints/and hear both sides before coming to a consensus of my own.




Pop Crave - Home | Facebook
Pop Crave: Being a Pop Culture major I tend to peruse a lot of sources relating to celebrity and media information. Pop Crave, to my knowledge, is the most reliable for this type of news in their category of media. In addition, Pop Crave is known to be one of the fastest pop culture news outlets.




New York Times logo and symbol, meaning, history, PNG


The New York Times: The New York Times is a great way for mass audiences to see the same piece of information quickly. I personally use New York Times more for research purposes rather than for daily news intake. Their articles are generally longer and contain more information which is helpful in the research process. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Post: Our Relationship With Technology, Technology's Relationship With Us

  Technology is a way of life for all people today. It is hard to think back to a time when some type of technology was in my life. My gener...